Class blog for EICUIB1000.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thanks and comments and corrections

Hi! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Did anyone go anywhere nice?

I would like to thank everyone for their posts and comments. I think this blog is really coming along nicely and people are responding to each other very positively. What do you think?
Hi! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Did anyone go anywhere nice?

I would like to thank everyone for their posts and comments. I think this blog is really coming along nicely and people are responding to each other very positively. What do you think?

You may have noticed that I have written a few comments about the accuracy of the homework postings but commented only on the content of all other postings. Is this helpful? My rationale is that I would like to encourage people to write and I don't want people to be anxious about making mistakes.

There seem to be three possible ways to deal with corrections:
  1. we all comment on other people's posts, both in terms of content and accuracy of language
  2. we all comment on other people's posts in terms of content, but we also have regular class correction sessions using work published on the blog
  3. we all comment on the content of other people's posts; in terms of homework, you post your homework and submit a hard copy (on paper) to me. I correct the hard copy and then you can, if you wish, return to your homework on the blog and redraft it
I would be very interested to hear what you have to say about this. Should this blog be about writing freely or writing accurately, or both? I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Remember, you can always return to an earlier post and edit (or delete!) what you have written (only your own posts of course!).
You may have noticed that I have written a few comments about the accuracy of the homework postings but commented only on the content of all other postings. Is this helpful? My rationale is that I would like to encourage people to write and I don't want people to be anxious about making mistakes.

There seem to be three possible ways to deal with corrections:
  1. we all comment on other people's posts, both in terms of content and accuracy of language
  2. we all comment on other people's posts in terms of content, but we also have regular class correction sessions using work published on the blog
  3. we all comment on the content of other people's posts; in terms of homework, you post your homework and submit a hard copy (on paper) to me. I correct the hard copy and then you can, if you wish, return to your homework on the blog and redraft it.
I would be very interested to hear what you have to say about this. Should this blog be about writing freely or writing accurately, or both? I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Remember, you can always return to an earlier post and edit (or delete!) what you have written (only your own posts of course!).

3 Comments:

Blogger tramanh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 11, 2006 9:05 AM

 
Blogger tramanh said...

Hello teacher.
I'm Tram Anh. Last week my coputer had some troubles, and I could'n connect to classblog. Then, seem all my data was lost or it had some thing wrong else. I don't know. So now, can you send for me another link to classblog? My email: iflifeissoshort_vta@yahoo.com. Thank you!

April 11, 2006 9:11 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Both of them(writting free and accuratetl) are better. Because I want that my writing skill is corrected and I express to write without hesitation.

April 12, 2006 10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home